Restaurant Point of Sale Features
SoftTouch POS is the most versatile, feature-rich POS on the market today.
Speed, convenience, and ease-of-use. SoftTouch POS has wide capabilities to keep your restaurant’s FOH operations running smoothly.
- BUS Mode – BUS mode changes the color of tables or seats to green after they have been cashed out. This lets hostess staff know the table will be available soon.
- Pick Up by Bar – The POS pick up by bar code notifies cashiers to pick up waiting guests at the bar.
- Table Management – Custom floor plans, paging, table status notifications, reservations, and more. SmartHost has it all to put your table management on auto pilot.
- Flex Pricing for Specials – It’s easy to set unlimited schedules for price charges and changes for menu specials.
- Food Modifiers – With SoftTouch POS you can easily modify menu items. Options include pre-configured ‘add’, ‘extra’, and ‘substitute’ buttons, or you can add a change to the meal item manually.
- Multiple Menus by Time – This feature enables multiple menus to be used in the system and set by time.
- Quantity Ordering – Servers can quickly order multiple quantities of the same menu item with the click of a button. Servers can also quickly reorder an item or a whole check.
- Auto-Timed Coursing – Take the manual work out of timing course ordering with this automated POS feature that also includes a “Hold & Fire” setting.
- Custom Screen Orientation – With this POS feature each server can change the side of the screen to where s/he wants the check to appear when ringing up orders, left or right.
- Float Orders – The float orders POS feature allows wait staff to create open tickets without assigning guests to a specific table.
- Food Ready Alert – Keep food from dying on the line with the food alert feature. Wait staff will be alerted when the food is ready to be delivered.
- Interface to LRS Paging System – LRS messaging systems keep operations running smoothly. Popular LRS pager solutions are easily integrated into the SoftTouch POS system.
- Place Orders by Seats – No need to ask who got what: placing orders by seats is an especially useful POS feature for dining establishments using runners.
- Auto Gratuity – With this POS feature it’s easy to automatically add gratuity to checks for large parties. Read our article on auto gratuity and its IRS implications.
- Multiple Checks on Table – This POS feature quickly enables wait staff to create multiple checks for a single table.
- Print Multiple Checks – Wait staff can print multiple checks at one time speeding up check delivery and facilitating more efficiency.
- Split/Combine Checks – Wait staff will be happy to split and combine checks. It’s as easy as a point-and-click.
- Split Items – Need to split an entrée to two bills? No problem. The SoftTouch POS split items feature makes it easy to do saving your wait staff time.
Some features above may require additional hardware or software.
Read more about SoftTouch POS and why it should be your restaurant’s first choice for a point of sale system.